What is Soma?
Soma Pill belongs to a group of drugs known as muscle relaxants. It is used to relax muscles and help alleviate pain from muscle spasms.
How does it work?
It is believed that Soma alt
ers the nerve communication in the spinal cord and the parts of the brain that control the pain sensation.
Inform your doctor before taking Soma, if you have any of the following conditions;
- Allergic to one of its ingredients
- Sensitivity to the drug meprobamate
- Sensitivity to the drug felbamate (Felbatol)
- Acute intermittent porphyria
- Poor kidney function
- Poor liver function
- A history of or risk of seizures
- A history of drug or substance abuse
- Taking medications and drugs that slow the brain's processes, such as alcohol, barbiturates, benzodiazepines (for example, lorazepam [Ativan]), and narcotics, increasing their effects and causing drowsiness.
You must carefully check the labels of the medicine before taking it. Also, you doctor must be aware of your medical history and the medicines that you are already taking.Buy carisoprodol online Let him know if you are consuming any of the following:
- Cough Relievers like codeine and hydrocodone
- Marijuana or cannabis
- Drugs for sleep or anxiety like lorazepam, zolpidem, alprazolam
- Muscle relaxants like cyclobenzaprine, methocarbamol
- Antihistamines like diphenhydramine and cetirizine
Also, you must keep a record of all the medicines that you are taking and show the list to the doctor before any prescription.
Moreover, it is advised not to start or stop any medicine without consulting the doctor.
Common Side Effects Of Taking Soma
Consumption of Soma Muscle Relaxer may cause some side effects like:
- Sleepiness or drowsiness
- Dry mouth
- Dry eyes
- Trouble urinating
- Some severe side effects caused by Soma include:
- Severe skin reaction where the skin becomes extremely red peels or develops blisters or large bumps. This is a fatal condition known as erythema multiforme.
- Swelling of the lips, tongue, and mouth (angioedema)
- Extreme weakness, poor coordination, or paralysis
- Dizziness generally or when you stand up (orthostatic hypotension)
- Feel agitated or confused
- New infections or feelings of fatigue related to decreased levels of white and red blood cells, known as pancytopenia
Soma- Recommended Dosage and Overdose
250 mg to 350 mg thrice a day and at bedtime is the recommended dosage. The recommended maximum duration of SOMA use is up to two or three weeks. Soma 500mg is considered an overdose and may be fatal. In cases of overdose, you may notice the symptoms, including:
- vision problems
- weak or shallow breathing
- muscle stiffness
- loss of coordination
Soma is habit-forming and misusing it can lead to overdose, death, or addiction. You may notice withdrawal symptoms when you immediately stop using Soma after using it over a long period of time. It is recommended not to stop using this medication suddenly without consulting your doctor. According to the severity of the case, your doctor will reduce the dosage gradually instead of eliminating it right away.